Welcome to Jam Camps Australia. We have been hosting Bluegrass music camps and Bluegrass jam classes in Australia for several years now, teaching people of all levels of experience how to play bluegrass music together in a jam environment.
Looking for people to jam with?
We teach people to jam with confidence in a supportive and encouraging environment. We teach you to fit right into a jam regardless of whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, you can always learn something about jamming at our camps.
We can help you build confidence and teach you how to jam with others.
2016 Jam Camp Schedule:
- Forrest – Victoria – Sat 30th Apr – Mon 2nd May, 2016 – completed.
- Quorn – South Australia – Fri. 26th – Sun. 28th Aug, 2016 – SOLD OUT.
- Manjimup – jam workshops Making Music in Manjimup Festival 30 Sep – 2 Oct 2016
What do you need to be a jam-camper?
The only requirement for beginners is:
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- Be able to change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)
A full list of requirements can be found on our Jam Skills Check List page.
The camp structure is adaptable to local needs and can be run over two or three days taking in a weekend or four days taking in two consecutive weekends if needed. The shorter the time frame the more intense the camp teaching becomes. Please contact us if you have questions. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read what others have said about our camps on our Testimonials Page.
Here is a typical jam camp that is run by Pat Carine in Ohio USA: