QUORN 2018 JAM CAMP on Sale soon.
Next year’s SA jam camp, promising to be the best yet.
Here is some info on the Wernick Method Jam Camp for you about next year’s camp:
Held in the beautiful historic country town of Quorn SA in the Flinders Ranges, Back drop to many movies and home to the Pichi Richi Steam Railway.
When: Fri 7th – Sun 9th Sept.2018 Arrivals from Thurs 6th pm.
Home base, including bunk style accommodation, (you are welcome to stay anywhere else at own cost. Accommodation options to be provided), workshop venue and night-time jam space, will be the Outdoor Education Centre Quorn, No 1 Second St (corner of 6th and 2nd St). One block back from the main street, walking distance from the hotels and cafes.
Cost includes: all tuition, Bunk-house accommodation at the Ed Centre (bring
bedding, towels), venue hire, all breakfasts and lunches including welcome Thurs dinner at the Ed Centre.
Not included: Fri dinner at Austral Hotel and Sat night at Emily’s Bistro.
On the Saturday night one of Australia’s best bluegrass bands ‘Bluegrass Junction’ will be playing at Emily’s Bistro and joining us for a slow jam workshop on Sun morning.
Greg McGrath is our instructor – an excellent bluegrass musician.
From Pete Wernick’s website – Greg’s course covers:
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to find melodies, fake solos, carry a tune, sing harmony – tab/note reading skills not needed or used
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
- Only four chords needed, G, C, D, and A.
- Gentle tempos – Mistakes expected
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- Ear skills taught and emphasised, as in real bluegrass
- Group and individualised instruction on backup skills
- Beginners are welcome
Here’s a comment from one of the 2017 students:
I don’t think you could have anyone better in Australia running jam camps than Greg McGrath and Ed Lowe. They are good blokes with a nice teaching style, and know heaps about bluegrass and are bloody good musicians who know how to get info across to a bluegrass neophyte like myself. They make me want to play more bluegrass and with others, and hey, isn’t that what it’s all about.
Read more comments here.
Early bird bookings will open shortly.
- Phone Sue Tulloch (organiser) ph: 08 86486117, mob: 0428486117 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.